School Children and Physiotherapy
There are are several challenges we are seeing across our physiotherapy clinics in Enfield and Castlecomer when it comes to exercise in children and we wanted to share some of these with you.
- 4 out of 5 Irish children do not meet the recommended 30 minutes of daily exercise
- 1 in 4 Irish children are overweight or obese
- 22% of Irish teenagers report anxiety in Ireland
What are the consequences of inactivity?
Potential Short term effects
- Higher incidences of joint and muscle pain
- Problems with bone health and increased risk of fracture
- Increased risk of psychological and social issues
Potential Long term effects
- Obesity and obesity related illness
- Higher risk of cancer
- Higher risk of heart disease
- Higher risk of Type 2 diabetes
What are the benefits of physical activity?
- Improved strength, balance and coordination
- Improved self-esteem and mood
- Better sleep quantity and quality
- Better energy levels
- Improved general health
- Improved mental sharpness and learning skills
How can physiotherapy can help you make the change?
Contact us a Compass Physio either in Enfield or Castlecomer where we are experts in assessing and treating younger people who need a plan to get them up and moving or indeed have an injury that is holding them back.
We are lucky to have our very own children’s specialist physiotherapist Aoife.
Exercise is a key component to long lasting health.
What can physiotherapy do to help?
Here at Compass Physio we will design an exercise program that will suit your needs.
This will help to build confidence and match the activities of specific sports.
We work with many different sports people at Compass Physio and we know what it takes to succeed at GAA, rugby, kick boxing, etc.
Under the guidance of our chartered physiotherapist you will be shown the right exercises to get that important young person in your life on the journey to being fit and active again.
To find out how Compass Physio can help, call 046 954 9456 (this number covers all clinics), click here to book online.
You can also email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paddy Mulligan MISCP Chartered Physiotherapist Compass Physio